Winter was long and cold, but finally it's spring and pastures are green. Yesterday, Syyti met with sheep first time since last autumn.

Syyti had a chance to learn herding with a qualified shepherd. I am myself still recovering after an operation, and therefore I cannot hold the leash, let alone handle the dog with sheep around. Minna, our trainer, kindly handled Syyti herself. The first round was not that good but Syyti improved for the second round, as you can see here:



I held the video camera and was quite amazed by Syyti's performance. To the extent, that when Minna asked whether Syyti is related to Coh "Nahrof the Cohort", I couldn't figure it out and said no... Well Coh is actually Syyti's grandsire and Minna thinks that Syyti reminds his grandpa a lot, he even has same style in herding. I couldn't find a video clip of Coh herding, but here is a photo of him herding in Georgia, US.

0 kommenttia:

You can find older post in the sidebar archive. Vanhemmat postaukset löytyvät sivupalkin arkistosta.